2020 UCR Reopening is Imminent
FMCSA finalizes rulemaking for 2020 UCR fees.
The Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) readies to reopen following a delay by the FMCSA on rulemaking for 2020. The FMCSA reported during UCR Board of Directors Meeting on January 28 that the rules had been finalized and the UCR would reopen for commercial drivers to begin paying fees.
The UCR will open as soon as the final rulemaking is published so that motor carriers can renew their annual registration to maintain compliance when transporting goods across state lines.
Here are a few important things to remember about UCR:
- Interstate motor carriers must renew their UCR annually
- Carriers can not pay fees for beyond the current year
- If you were operating the previous year and did not purchase a UCR, you must pay the fee for the previous year in addition to the current year
- Carriers that operate without registration can be fined up to $2000, and have vehicles detained if caught driving across state lines
- Fees for the 2020 UCR are determined by the number of trucks a motor carrier operates.
For a pain free UCR registration experience, connect with Logistec/TTS today using our convenient online form. Logistec/TTS will process your unified carrier registration to ensure you are legal on the road.